Robert E. Terrell, M.D.
Dr. Terrell joined Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in 1997 and is a co-founder and co-medical director of the Sports Medical Center of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists and is also the Director of the Osteoporosis Center of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists. He currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer for the Medical and Doping Commission of the International Softball Federation. He served as the Chief Medical Officer for the International Softball Federation at the 100th Olympiad Summer Games in Atlanta (1996). He also served as the team physician at U.S. Olympiad Festivals in St. Louis in 1994 and San Antonio in 1993. He is a Doping Control Officer for the U.S. Olympic Drug Control Program. He is a 1985 graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and is board certified by the American Board of Family Practice with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine. He is also a Certified Clinical Densitometrist, recognized by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
- Family Practice
- Non-Surgical Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Clinical Densitometry
SPECIAL AREA OF INTEREST:
- Sports Medicine
- Biloxi Regional Medical Center
- Ocean Springs Hospital,
- Cedar Lake Surgery Center
- College-University of Oklahoma, Ph.D. Candidate, Exercise Physiology, University of Oklahoma
- Medical School-College of Medicine, University of Oklahoma
- Internship-Department of Family Medicine, Oklahoma Teaching Hospitals
- Residency- Department of Family Medicine, Oklahoma Teaching Hospitals
- American Medical Association
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- U.S. Olympic Sports Medicine Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians
- MAFP Board of Directors, 2001 to present
- MAFP Scientific Assembly Director, 2002
- Singing River Medical Society
- Fellow, American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualification: Sports Medicine, American Board of Family Practice, Family Practice
- Clinical Densitometrist, International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- Race Medical Director, Triathlon Federation
- Certificate of Completion: Team Physician Course, American College of Sports Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Family Medicine
- University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Anti-Doping Program, International Softball Federation, 2004.
- “Friday Night Doctors”, Journal of the Oklahoma City Clinic, winter 1989.
- “Anabolic Steroid in Sport”, CME Lecture, Medicine on the Beach, Singing River Hospital, April 2005.
- “Female Issues in Sports Medicine”, CME Lecture, Singing River Hospital, June 2003.
- “Joint Injection Activities Workshop”, Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians, June 2000.
- “Practical Osteoporosis for the Family Physician”, Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians Spring Fling, March 2000
- “Osteoporosis”, Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians Scientific Assembly, July 1998.
- “Anabolic Steroid Use in the High School Athlete”, Family Physicians and Internists Conference, Oxford, Mississippi, April 25, 1998
- Joint Injection Workshop, Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians Scientific Assembly, June 1995 and June 1996.
- “Olympic Experiences”, Oklahoma Orthopedic Nurses Association, July 1995.
- “Medical Sports Medicine”, Oklahoma Athletic Trainers Association State Meeting, Oklahoma City, OK, January 1994.
- “Medical Aspects of Athletics”, Physical Therapy Rounds, College of Allied Health, University of Oklahoma, September 1991.
- “Closed Head Trauma in Athletes”, Grand Rounds, Department of Family Medicine, University of Oklahoma, July 1991.
- “AIDS and the Athlete”, Oklahoma Secondary Schools Athletic Association Annual Meeting, July 1989.
- “Sports Medicine Workshop”, Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians Scientific Assembly, June 1989.
- “Functional Elbow Anatomy” and “The Physical Examination of the Elbow”, Injuries of the Shoulder and Elbow: The Throwing Motion, Department of CME, Presbyterian Hospital,
Oklahoma City, OK, January 1989.
- “Pre-Participation Athletic Screening Exam” and “Common Sports Injuries”, Sports Injuries Workshop, Department of CME, Presbyterian Hospital, February 1988.
- “Exercise and Pregnancy”, Resident Rounds, Department of Family Medicine, University of Oklahoma, January 1988.
For more information: Medical Minute video