Bienville Surgery Center was created with the needs of the community in mind and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care possible, with excellence in cutting-edge orthopaedic procedures such as outpatient total joint surgery as well as certain hand, back, shoulder, and sports injury interventions.
Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists opened a 7,500 square-foot ambulatory surgery center on the first floor of their new 50,000 square-foot medical building in January 2017 and recently earned its joint commission accreditation and Medicare certification. The new surgery center is staffed by the physicians of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists and features two operating rooms and approximately 15 employees, including nurses and surgical technicians.
- Exclusively dedicated to orthopedic conditions
- No overnight hospital stays, recover at home all within the same day
- State-of-the-art technology including 4K Video
- Excellent patient satisfaction with proven quality outcomes
- Integrated Care with a network of home healthcare providers
- Recognized as an Outpatient Orthopaedic Center of Excellence
- Less expensive with bundled billing for qualified patients
One of the many advantages of outpatient surgery is eliminating extensive hospitalization whenever possible, permitting patients to recover from minor surgical procedures in the comfort of their own home. Traditionally, the inpatient stay for a total knee or hip replacement surgery averages between one and three days compared to five to six hours in the ambulatory surgery setting. The shorter length of stay enables patients to have surgery and begin recovery at home all within the same day.