Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Payment Posting Specialist performs daily activities related to handling, processing and depositing payment receipts in order to ensure prompt and accurate recording to patient accounts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Posts insurance payments, electronic funds transfers, patient payments, contractual discounts, and miscellaneous receipts accurately to the accounting system.
- Reviews EOBs for correct payment. Notifies assigned biller of denied charges, rejected claims or other issues that affect expected reimbursement.
- Stays abreast of changes to contracts and fee schedules in order to apply payments and contractual discounts appropriately.
- Balances posting reports to ensure all payments have been posted. Must balance each batch.
- Moves credits and misapplied payments as appropriate.
- Posts patient refunds to patient accounts and coordinates refund checks.
- Notifies Collection Specialists of all payments received on collections accounts.
- Coordinates and completes month-end closing procedures with Director of Business Office and Accounting Dept.
- Participates in projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; college coursework in Accounting or related study preferred. 1–2 years’ experience with posting required; prior medical office experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and/or medical billing procedures preferred.
- Experience with medical billing systems and interpreting EOBs.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Strong multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to work overtime hours as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.