Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Director of Accounting & HR is responsible for the daily operations of the Accounting and HR Department and for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented. This individual is responsible for establishing and executing internal controls over the organization’s accounting and financial procedures. As a member of senior management, the Director of Accounting & HR will assist in organizational strategy, fiscal planning, and effective stewardship of the company’s financial resources.
Essential Accounting Job Responsibilities
- Manages Accounting and Payroll systems including reporting processes
- Directs and coordinates activities of Accounting and HR staff including payroll, accounts payable, cash management, general ledger, tax payments, and fixed assets
- Prepares and closes the monthly financial records according to generally accepted accounting principles; functioning as the primary accountant
- Maintains general ledger, including preparing financial schedules, reconciling accounting, and writing journal entries
- Works with company CPA to ensure monthly financial statements are accurate
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Assists senior management in financial planning and results management. Works with other teams to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
- Performs all operational accounting functions and ensures the safeguarding of company assets.
- Manages monthly close processes
- Manages accounts payable and receivable reporting and reconciliation
- Manages cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Works with our external CPA to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and other applicable tax laws
Essential HR Job Responsibilities
- Manage Payroll systems including reporting and processes Oversee payroll processing
- Oversee the talent acquisition cycle including: recruiting, preliminary screening, employment offers, new employee orientation, and on-boarding
- Assist CEO in development and maintenance of job descriptions
- Administers employee health and miscellaneous benefits; coordinates enrollment for new employees, and assists with changes for employees with qualifying events; Coordinates company-wide open enrollment event. Assist CEO to evaluate and compare current benefits with those of other employers, and helps to maintain Bienville’s competitive position in local labor market area. Assist CEO with regular audits to ensure accurate billing, payment, and benefit eligibility
- Preparation of various reports including EEO-1, VETS 100, and other required governmental reporting; prepares various HR metrics and talent/workforce analytics
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.