Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
We are looking for a Financial Counselor to assist patients with cost estimates, and to collaborate with external parties to ensure their financial coverage. The Financial Counselor will explain financial information, determine prospective patients’ ability to pay, provide education on free health care and Medicaid, and assist with the application process. You will educate patients on their financial obligations to the facility, and follow up with patients and other parties to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Completing financial applications.
- Providing patients and health care providers with estimates.
- Assisting patients with financial applications and arrangements.
- Collecting estimated liabilities from patients.
- Establishing health insurance benefits, conditions and requirements by making phone inquiries, and by using eligibility systems and the internet.
- Verifying patients’ employment details and other particulars.
- Reporting problems and concerns to supervisor.
- Complying with relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Two or more years work experience in customer service or related field and proficient knowledge of medical terminology, billing practices and coding required. Prior financial counselor experience in a medical office highly preferred.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must have strong data entry skills and the ability to navigate all Medicare, Medicaid and third party websites
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.