Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Front Desk Receptionist is the first point of contact in an exceptional patient experience. The Receptionist greets patients, oversees the check-in process, schedules appointments, assists with coordinating insurance benefits, collects fees for visits, and provides important discharge and treatment information to the patient.
Essential Job Duties
- Greeting patients professionally both in person and on the phone
- Quickly answering or properly referring questions and issues
- Optimizing provider schedules and patient satisfaction with efficient scheduling
- Notifying providers of patient arrivals
- Comforting patients by anticipating anxieties and effectively answering questions
- Ensuring availability of treatment information by retrieving and updating patient records
- Verifying financial records and collecting patient charges while filing and expediting third-party claims
- Maintaining office inventory and equipment by anticipating supply needs and expediting supply orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in medical or related field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and/or medical billing procedures.
- Experience with medical scheduling/billing systems preferred.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to travel to all clinic locations and work overtime hours as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.