Bienville Surgery Center
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Education, Training And Experience
- Currently certified in the State of Michigan or Eligible to take the state certification exam
- Graduate of an accredited school of medical Assistant program or appropriate physician training.
- Certified in CPR.
Reports to Medical Director, Administrator and PeriAnesthesia Manager.
- Initiates patient care to meet their needs for surgery.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients and stretchers to prevent injury to patient and staff.
- Responsible to accompany patient and patient’s chart to pre-op area for the nurses.
- Responsible to assist patient with surgery garb (gown, shoe covers as needed if shoes soiled, cap).
- Responsible for safety of a patient by having patient lie on the operating room stretcher with SR x 2.
- Responsible to connect monitor to surgery patients.
- Responsible to take EKG’s on surgery patients as ordered.
- Assist with phoning Pre-op time of arrivals and provide Pre-op instructions
- Assist with performing Post-op phone calls
- Assist PACU nurses as needed with discontinuing IV’s, transfers, snacks, as directed.
- Decontaminate operating room stretchers and put clean linens on them for the next surgery patient
- Stock supplies as needed.
- Assist staff/transporters as needed with transporting surgery patients to the operating room and procedure room.
- Take and record vital signs on patients before and after their procedure/operation.
- Assist with any necessary tasks requested.
Adheres To Facility Policies
- Report to work as scheduled or call one of the management staff in a timely manner if unable to report to work.
- Maintain professional appearance through proper attire.
- Complete all the tasks listed in this job description in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of the management staff.
Utilizes Interpersonal Skills To Promote and Maintain Communication
- Emphasized quality performance.
- Maintain a professional rapport with other employees.
- Maintain a patient-focused attitude.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Inform members of the management staff of any problems in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates interest in self-improvement.
- Takes responsibility for learning new procedures, operating new equipment and utilizing new products.
- Takes advantage of learning experiences offered in or by the center.
- Attends and participates in all in-service programs.
- Maintains valid CPR cards.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.