Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing quality patient care following established standards, and supporting physicians, nurses, and providers with the specialty care of Orthopedic conditions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Places patient in exam rooms, obtains history and other preliminary exam information. Prepares patient for provider examination.
- Prepares equipment and aids providers during treatment, examination, and procedures. Assists with patient assessments and examination as needed.
- Charts physician orders and documents treatment plan. Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to treatment.
- Coordinates and assists with discharge instructions, follow-up care, diagnostic tests, and existing and new medication instructions.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, providers, and clinical teams and answers questions or offer guidance for patient families.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems to support the overall mission of the organization; recommends new approaches and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistant program. 1-2 years’ MA experience with focus on Orthopedic or Med-Surg preferred. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions. Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, and perform effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and physicians. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must have and maintain a valid Mississippi driver’s license and be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to successfully perform required job duties.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.