Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
A Medical Scribe is responsible for assisting in the preparation and assembly of medical record documentation and charting for a physician.
Essential Job Duties
- Enters the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications.
- Taking notes during patient visits and documenting them in the electronic health records system
- Learning about the medical process and using a team approach in patient supervision and documentation
- Working with a supervising Physician or Doctor to complete and submit medical records
- Communicating with patients and supervising Physicians professionally
- Completing all administrative tasks efficiently and helping the Physician take tests and give out medication
- Ensures medical record compliance
- Updates patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information in the patient
- Prepares and sends all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Complies with hospital and medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years in the medical field; 2-3 years of clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and/or scheduling procedures highly preferred.
- Experience with EHR systems.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.