Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The MRI Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that authorization for scheduled services is obtained and documented on patient accounts, allowing for timely and efficient billing. These activities may include collecting and verifying relevant patient data, generating status reports, communication with multiple departments, monitoring accounts for proper documentation of third party review notification, authorizations, insurance verifications, collection of deposits and self-pay balances, and securing reimbursement methods of non-insured.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensures all insurance, eligibility, and other relevant information is obtained and accurately entered into the EHR system in a timely manner.
- Verifies insurance benefits/coverage by contacting insurance companies; obtaining insurance information for procedure; works with insurance company, health care provider & patient to get claims processed and paid.
- Calculates estimated patient responsibility for MRI procedures, communicates estimated responsibility to patients, and collects estimated patient responsibility portion of claim.
- Answers patient and third-party inquiries in a professional & courteous manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; higher learning preferred. 1–2 years’ experience including customer service, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and pre-certification procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
- Experience with medical scheduling/billing systems.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to travel to all clinic locations and work overtime hours as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.