Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Nurse Navigator Assistant will utilize administrative skills to manage data related to episodes of care through a 90+ day span. The Nurse Navigator Assistant will work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify patients and manage data for the various bundled payment programs. This position requires excellent communication skills and Excel experience. MUST PASS AN EXCEL PROFICIENCY TEST.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for patient identification for various bundled payment programs using electronic health records reporting function and Excel.
- Complete and submit episode of care reports within established guidelines.
- Input & maintain all files documentation in multiple software applications including care management system and practice electronic health records software as appropriate.
- Communicate updates and changes to nurse navigators and manager in a timely manner.
- Understand the various bundled payment programs design, implementation, management, monitoring, and reporting requirements.
- Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced excel and word proficiency required. Medical clinic or orthopaedic experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary care teams, in the acute and post-acute care setting.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems.
- Exceptional critical-thinking and creative problem-solving skills with proven ability to collaborate with others to identify alternatives and drive to resolution.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and physicians. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must have and maintain a valid Mississippi driver’s license and be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to successfully perform required job duties.
Job Type: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.