Bienville Surgery Center
Assists in the organization and daily function of the operating room in accordance with established Federal, State, and accreditation standards and Center policies and procedures. Assists in overseeing patient care activities in the operating room and maintains a high standard of safety for the patient and other staff members.
Essential Competencies / Performance Expectations
The required behaviors associated with the following competencies are outlined in the Competency Assessment form.
- Standard I: Demonstrates competence related to the application of the Surgery Center’s core values.
- Standard II: Practices all facets of health & safety.
- Standard III: Practices human resource responsibility.
- Standard IV: Demonstrates competence in performance of duties and responsibilities related to tasks, skills and procedures rendered to the clients served.
Education / Experience / Licenses / Certificates / Eligibility
Current State R.N. license and BCLS required, ACLS/PALS preferred. Two (2) years’ experience as an operating room nurse preferred.
All employees must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States.
Skills / Knowledge / Ability
IV skills required.
- Interpersonal: Maintains active professional relationships with physicians and patients by assessing needs and levels of satisfaction with surgery center services. Effective communication skills: oral and written. Above average organizational skills. Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and courteous manner. Serves as a role model to other staff nurses and technicians. Assists in the orientation and training of new employees.
- Critical Thinking: Above average ability to plan and implement patient care. Ability to make sound nursing judgement based on nursing theory. Awareness of peri-operative role of nurse in the surgery center. Medical records documentation is legible, concise and accurate. Assumes responsibility for competency and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge and experience in hospital operating room or ambulatory surgery center nursing care. Ability to adhere to work schedule and manage time appropriately. Ability to utilize resources in a timely, organized and cost effective manner. Monitors stock levels, outdated supplies and equipment needs and reports appropriately.
Machines / Equipment / Work Aides
Computer, telephone and fax. Standard operating room machinery, equipment, autoclaves, washer sterilizer, medical gas canisters, and patient monitors.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.