Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
Under the guidance of the Director of Patient Advocacy, the Advocate oversees the Administrative operations of an assigned clinic location. This individual is responsible for facilitating smooth workflows for Front Desk staff as well as assisting Clinic Teams with various needs. The Patient Advocate Coordinator assists patients in resolving a variety of complaints or concerns.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepares clinic for daily operation.
- Oversees and coordinates patient flow and routine clinic operations to ensure smooth workflows. Serves as the on-site point of contact for Physicians. Checks with Clinical Teams to evaluate wait times and assist with delays when possible.
- Addresses and resolves front-line patient complaints, problems, and issues as they arise. Escalates serious issues to the Director of Patient Advocacy, as needed.
- Coordinates IT issues and troubleshooting with the Help Desk. Places work orders for maintenance issues as needed.
- Assists the Front Desk staff with check-in/check-out processes during busy times or as needed.
- Monitors and orders supplies for clinic location. Ensures that all exam areas are clean and stocked.
- Oversees clinic closing procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems to support the overall mission of the organization; recommends new approaches and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years’ of Medical Office Administration required. 1-2 years supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, and perform effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and physicians. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid Mississippi driver’s license and be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to successfully perform required job duties.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.