Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Physician Scribe performs clerical and administrative functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records (EHR) and electronic dictation system.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepares and assembles medical record documentation/charts for physician.
- Enters the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing EHR system. Updates patient history, exam notes, diagnosis, medications, treatment plan, and other pertinent health information in the patient record. Ensures accuracy and completeness of notes for each patient encounter.
- Prepares EHR for Physician for review and approval.
- Performs other administrative duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience or training as a Medical Scribe highly preferred. A combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred. Must have strong data entry skills and ability to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, and perform effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and physicians. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid Mississippi driver’s license and be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to successfully perform required job duties.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.