Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for evaluating and treating orthopedic conditions, including related injuries and disorders within the scope of practice and direction of the respective Physician.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conducts appropriate assessments of patients, including taking medical history and physical examination.
- Orders diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians and other clinicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by MS state guidelines and clinic regulations.
- Assists physician with emergency treatments and more complex procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Graduate from an accredited Physician’s Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). 1-2 years experiences as a Physician’s Assistant preferred. Prior orthopedics experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with employees throughout the organization. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, and perform effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.