Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
Assists the organization in the daily clinical operations of the Pre-Operative Unit and PACU, in accordance with established Federal, State, and accreditation standards and Center policies and procedures, in addition to working as an infection control nurse. Participates in direct patient care including maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, and current Mississippi RN licensure and BCLS; ACLS/PALS preferred.
- 2-4 years’ clinical experience, with and emphasis on PACU, surgery or ER, highly preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to complete tasks with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with frequent disruptions. Must have the ability to work independently while managing time and workload appropriately.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze data and resolve complex problems.
- Proficiency of electronic records systems preferred.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred
- Interpersonal: Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment. Uses interpersonal skills to establish and maintain healthy interpersonal relations which include functional trust, positive feedback, and constructive criticism. Good communication skills: oral and written.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to make sound nursing judgement based on nursing theory. Demonstrates primary nurse accountability through coordination, communication, and continuity of patient care. Must be able to assess, prioritize, plan and implement direct patient care. Assumes responsibility for competency of practice and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge and experience in PACU from hospital or ambulatory surgery center including direct patient care. Ability to adhere to work schedule and manage time appropriately. Ability to utilize resources in a timely, organized and cost effective
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.