Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
Assists the organization in the daily clinical operations of the Pre-Operative Unit and PACU, in accordance with established Federal, State, and accreditation standards and Center policies and procedures. Participates in direct patient care including maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment.
Essential Competencies/Performance Expectations
The required behaviors associated with the following competencies are outlined in the Competency Assessment form.
- Standard I – Demonstrates competence related to the application of the Surgery Center’s Core Values.
- Standard II – Practices all facets of Health & Safety.
- Standard III – Practices Human Resource Responsibility.
- Standard IV – Demonstrates competence in performance of duties and responsibilities related to tasks, skills and procedures rendered to the clients served.
- Education/Experience/Licenses/Certificates/Eligibility: Current State R.N. license and BCLS required, ACLS/PALS preferred. Two (2) years’ experience of clinical experience with an emphasis in PACU, surgery or ER preferred.
- Eligibility: All employees must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States.
- IV skills preferred.
- Interpersonal: Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment. Uses interpersonal skills to establish and maintain healthy interpersonal relations which include functional trust, positive feedback, and constructive criticism. Good communication skills: oral and written.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to make sound nursing judgement based on nursing theory. Demonstrates primary nurse accountability through coordination, communication, and continuity of patient care. Must be able to assess, prioritize, plan and implement direct patient care. Assumes responsibility for competency of practice and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge and experience in PACU from hospital or ambulatory surgery center including direct patient care. Ability to adhere to work schedule and manage time appropriately. Ability to utilize resources in a timely, organized and cost effective manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.