Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists
The Radiologic Technologist (RT) produces quality diagnostic images for to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Escorts patients to imaging rooms, provides verbal and/or written instructions and assist patients in positioning body parts to be radiographed. Explains procedures and observe patients to ensure patient care, safety and comfort during scan.
- Operates radiologic equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. Positions radiologic equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination. Takes x-rays following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
- Develops and processes radiologic film.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to ensure safety of patients and team members. Ensures radiologic equipment remains in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to Lead RT.
- Performs related administrative duties including completing necessary forms, labeling films and film envelopes and maintaining procedure logs.
- Retrieves radiologic orders from and input related data into the electronic medical record.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Graduate of a School of Radiologic Technology. One or more years’ experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred. Current licensure as a Medical Radiation Technologist in the state of Mississippi. ARRT certification and registration highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with employees throughout the organization. Must be able to demonstrate a strong sense of customer-focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, and perform effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to travel to all clinic locations, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.