Bienville Surgery Center
Assists in the organization and daily function of the operating room in accordance with established Federal, State and accreditation standards and center policies and procedures. Assists the nurses and physicians in delivering the highest standard of patient care available.
Essential Competencies / Performance Expectations
The required behaviors associated with the following competencies are outlined in the Competency Assessment form.
- Standard I: Demonstrates competence related to the application of the Surgery Center’s core values.
- Standard II: Practices all facets of health & safety.
- Standard III: Practices human resource responsibility.
- Standard IV: Demonstrates competence in performance of duties and responsibilities related to tasks, skills and procedures rendered to the clients served.
Education / Experience / Licenses / Certificates / Eligibility
High School diploma or GED. Operating room experience required. Two (2) years of hospital main operating room experience desired. Current BCLS required. Certification as a surgical technician preferred.
All employees must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States.
- Interpersonal: Effective communication skills; oral and written. Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and courteous manner. Serves as a role model to other staff members. Demonstrates the ability to work well with other employees.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to organize equipment, instruments, and supplies for cases according to patient needs and physician preference cards. Ability to adhere to the work schedule and manage time appropriately. Assumes responsibility for competency and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education. Ability to handle stress associated with prioritizing multiple tasks. Above average organization skills.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge and experience in a hospital, operating room, or ambulatory surgery center. Ability to anticipate the needs of the physician and has equipment, medical gases and supplies readily available for all procedures. Ability to scrub all types of cases preferred. Ensures that an adequate amount of in-house supplies and medical gases are available in accordance with weekly caseload.
Machines / Equipment / Work Aides
Computer, telephone and fax. Standard surgical instrument use and processing, equipment and medical supplies. Medical gas canisters, standard operating room machinery, equipment, autoclaves and washer/sterilizer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bienvilleortho.com.