Dr. Donnis Harrison, has been a member of the Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists practice on the Mississippi Gulf Coast for over ten years and is a native of Pascagoula. He is a board certified surgeon dedicated to providing exceptional orthopaedic care.
Dr. Harrison has gained an immeasurable amount of experience in many aspects of general orthopaedics including Sports Medicine, Joint Replacement, and Trauma with a specialty interest in Shoulder and Elbow disorders and Sports Medicine. After graduating from the University of Mississippi Medical Center he completed his orthopaedic residency at Medical College of Georgia. With more than 700 cases per year of surgical experience in the Operating Room and practice with the latest, cutting edge surgical techniques of today; you can be assured his clinical credentials are excellent.
In addition, Dr. Harrison completed a post-residency Fellowship program in Shoulder and Elbow in Dallas, TX which earned him the title of the only fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon in arthroscopic shoulder surgery on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This gives him a unique experience to provide comprehensive non-surgical and surgical treatment to all type of injuries and conditions involving the shoulder and elbow.
On Dr. Harrison’s down time, he loves to spend time with his wife and two children. He is also an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hunting, fishing, and sports.
Education & Training
- Fellowship: (Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow) The Carrell Clinic, Dallas, TX
- Residency: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Internship: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Medical School: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS
- Total Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Total Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic SCR Surgery
- Ocean Springs Hospital, Ocean Springs, MS
- Singing River Hospital, Pascagoula, MS
- Merit Health, Biloxi, MS
- George Regional Hospital, Lucedale, MS
- Bienville Surgery Center, East Lake, MS
- Mississippi Coast Endoscopy & Ambulatory Surgery Center, Pascagoula, MS
East Lake6300 East Lake Blvd., Gautier, MS 39565 Phone: 228-230-BONE (2663) View Location
Pascagoula3615 Hospital St., Pascagoula, MS 39581 Phone: 228-230-BONE (2663) View Location
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Medical Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons Political Action Committee Member
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Mississippi Orthopaedic Society
- Singing River Medical Society
- Krishnan SG, Muller MS, Harrison DK, Burkhead WZ, Pierce WA: Biomechanical Comparison of Arthroscopic “Triangle” Double-Row and Open Transosseous Anchor Double Knot Rotator Cuff Repair Techniques. 25th AANA Annual Meeting, Hollywood, Florida May 18-21, 2006.
- Sumant G. “Butch” Krishnan, von Stade EF, Muller MS, Harrison DK, Burkhead WZ: Position of the Anterior Branch of the Axillary Nerve Relative to the Lateral Arthroscopic Portal, An Anatomic Study. 25th AANA Annual Meeting, Hollywood, Florida May 18-21, 2006.
- Harrison D, Riddle T, Corpe S, Young T, Kercher J: Comparison of Polyethylene Wear Rates in Gamma Irradiated, Ethylene Oxide Sterilization and Lateral Offset Liners. The Georgia Orthopaedic Society’s 2004 Spring Seminar, Pine Mountain, GA March 26-27, 2004.
- Harrison D, Johnson R, Tucci M, Puckett A, Benghuzzi H, and Hughes J: Characterization of Human Monocytes/Macrophages Incubated with UHMPE Impregnated with the inactive Peptides RGD, RGE, or Poly-L-Lysine.
- Burkhead, WZ, Harrison, DH. “Complications of Mumford procedures.” at The Robert W. Metcalf, MD Memorial Meeting on Arthroscopic Surgery 2006 on February 3-7, 2006, in Sun Valley, Idaho.
Burkhead, WZ, Harrison, DH, Krishnan SG. “Management of Spinoglenoid Notch Cysts.” at The Robert W. Metcalf, MD Memorial Meeting on Arthroscopic Surgery 2006 on February 3-7, 2006, in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Harrison, DH. “Fracture Non-unions” at the Medical College of Georgia Grand Rounds in Augusta, GA on June 2, 2004.
- Harrison, DH. “Periprosthetic Femur Fractures” at the Medical College of Georgia Grand Rounds in Augusta, GA on August 11, 2004.
- Harrison, DH. “Indications and Techniques in Total Shoulder Replacement” at Medical College of Georgia Grand Rounds in Augusta, GA on October 15, 2004
- Harrison, DH. “Wrist Pain” at the Medical College of Georgia Grand Rounds in Augusta, GA on January 14, 2005.