A native of Gulfport, Mississippi, Dr. Salloum joined Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in 2001. He specializes in sports medicine along with reconstructive surgery of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Salloum uses an arthroscopic and muscle sparing approach to the knee and shoulder, resulting in shorter hospital stays and more rapid rehabilitation. He has been at the forefront of the latest techniques in balancing knee replacements, including consulting with implant companies on both techniques and devices as well as teaching and lecturing other surgeons on the newest balancing techniques. He has extensive experience in robotic knee replacements.
Dr. Salloum is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation in 2001. Dr. Salloum sees patients at the Biloxi and Gulfport locations and is accepting new patients.
Education & Training
- Fellowship: University of Mississippi Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery & Rehabilitation, Jackson, MS
- Residency: University of Mississippi Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery & Rehabilitation, Jackson, MS
- Medical School: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Knee replacements
- Sports medicine injuries
- Ocean Springs Hospital, Ocean Springs, MS
- Merit Health, Biloxi, MS
- Memorial Hospital, Gulfport, MS
- Memorial Surgery Center at Cedar Lake, Biloxi, MS
- Bienville Surgery Center, East Lake, MS
- Memorial Surgery Center Gulf South, Gulfport, MS
Biloxi1720-A Medical Park Dr., Suite 220, Biloxi, MS 39532 Phone: 228-230-BONE (2663) View Location
Gulfport15476 Dedeaux Rd., Suite B, Gulfport, MS 39503 Phone: 228-230-BONE (2663) View Location
- Salloum GT, Tucci MA, Tsao AK, Hughes JL. Comparison of Tissues Adjacent to Different Mechanical Stress Areas from Patients with Clinically Failed Implants. Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation 1995; 31:127-133.
- Howes JD, Tucci MA, Salloum GT, Tsao AK, Johnson AB. Distribution of Cytokines Adjacent to Cemented Joint Implants. J Dental Res. 1995; 74:191, abstracts.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association,
- Mississippi Orthopaedic Society
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with Certificate of Added Qualification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine